Saturday, December 1, 2007

Do Anything Special?

So papers are needing to be written but I have discovered a new addiction. Well, make that two. In the midst of thinking about differance, undecidability, the condition of possibility for ethical action within the intersubjective relation and divine economy, participation and separation, ontological difference, etc...I have been introduced and consequently held hostage by two shows.

[1] Heroes. I was extremely skeptical of this show when it first was advertised and because I usually worked mondays I didn't get to see it. Well, I've put off writing papers to watch the first season. I've stayed up later than I should to watch the show. I think the charm comes from a creative use of traditional heroic archetypes. The most interesting characters are usually those who don't have any abilities (the cheerleader's dad, the politician) because there is more to gain/lose and I can't tell whose side they're on pretty much ever. In some ways, it reminds me of Firefly

[2] Flight of the Conchords. can help myself. like i said before...it's brilliant.

p.s. you should listen to midlake.

No comments: